Join Now > Login to this site Renewal Help Prefer to join by mail? Download a paper application
OCA offers a variety of benefits to both the individual counselor and the counseling profession as a whole. These benefits include:
- Access to a comprehensive website that provides a wealth of information.
- Reduced cost to professional development such as the All Ohio Counselors Conference, workshops and other sponsored programs.
- Receipt of Continuing Education Units for counselor license and certificate renewal.
- Ability to pose questions, comments and concerns to the OCA Executive Council.
- Participation in the OCA listserv, which keeps members to connect with each other by asking questions and sharing information.
- Increased professional identity through participation with state divisions/chapters and national associations.
- Receipt of quarterly newsletter, Guidelines.
- Legislative advocacy support to promote professional counseling and the rights of counselors to provide public service.
- Liaison support to the Ohio Counselor and Social Worker board, Ohio Department of Education and other professional boards.
- Recognition of accomplishments of members through the annual awards program.